Oona McPolin BSc, MSc, CSci, CChem, MRSC
Oona consolidated many years of training experience by obtaining the industry standard qualification for training, the Certificate in Training Practice, awarded by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). In obtaining this qualification she was a recipient of a 2008 High Achiever’s Award from the CIPD NI branch. Oona also works as a part-time college lecturer.
Oona is also an associate of NSF DBA, the provider of in-house and external pharmaceutical training, and also pharmaceutical auditing and consulting services. She contributes expertise in the area of analytical chemistry, and in particular the analysis and testing section of Qualified Person (QP) training.
· Training consultant specialising in analytical chemistry relating to pharmaceuticals; design and deliver training courses on a range of topics including validation and transfer of analytical methods and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
· An analytical chemist with over 17 years' experience in the field of pharmaceutical analysis; developing, validating and implementing analytical methods to support the drug development process in projects such as process and formulation support, stability studies, forced degradation studies, and regulatory submissions.
· Fully qualified award winning trainer with extensive experience in design and delivery of effective training for technical subjects.
· Expertise in a wide range of analytical techniques. Specialising in HPLC (over 18 years' experience) with particular interest in strategies for method development including the use of automation, computer simulation and column classification data.
· 1993 BSc Hons Chemistry, Queen’s University of Belfast
· 1994 MSc Applied Environmental Sciences, Queen’s University of Belfast
· 2008 Certificate in Training Practice, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
(CIPD). Received a 2008 High Achiever’s Award from the CIPD NI branch.
· Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC)
· Chartered Chemist (CChem )
· Chartered Scientist (CSci)
· Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
· Associate member of the eLearning Network (eLN)
The MTS training consultant is Oona McPolin. Oona has considerable experience and is fully qualified in the areas of both pharmaceutical analysis and training practice. She has worked as an analytical chemist in the pharmaceutical industry for over 17 years on a range of drug development projects and has been responsible for many pharmaceutical analysis training programmes during this time. Oona is the author of two books, ‘An Introduction to HPLC for Pharmaceutical Analysis’ and ‘Validation of Analytical Methods for Pharmaceutical Analysis’. Both books are published by Mourne Training Services, they may be purchased on this website.