Oona is the author of two books, ‘An Introduction to HPLC for Pharmaceutical Analysis’ and ‘Validation of Analytical Methods for Pharmaceutical Analysis’. Both books are published by Mourne Training Services Ltd, they may be purchased on this website.
· Consultant specialising in analytical chemistry relating to pharmaceuticals.
· An analytical chemist with over 20 years' experience in the field of pharmaceutical analysis; developing, validating and implementing analytical methods to support the drug development process in projects such as process and formulation support, stability studies, forced degradation studies, and regulatory submissions.
· Fully qualified award winning trainer with extensive experience in design and delivery of effective training for technical subjects such as: analytical method validation, verification and transfer; minimising error in the analytical laboratory; and all aspects of high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
· Experienced auditor of analytical laboratories to cGMP standards. Certified IRCA (The International Register of Certificated Auditors) lead auditor.
· Expertise in a wide range of analytical techniques. Specialising in HPLC (over 20 years' experience) with particular interest in strategies for method development including the use of automation, computer simulation and column classification data.
· 1993 BSc Hons Chemistry, Queen’s University of Belfast
· 1994 MSc Applied Environmental Sciences, Queen’s University of Belfast
· 2008 Certificate in Training Practice, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
(CIPD). Received a 2008 High Achiever’s Award from the CIPD NI branch.
· Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC)
· Chartered Chemist (CChem )
· Chartered Scientist (CSci)
· Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
· Associate member of the eLearning Network (eLN)